Herbal Tincture: Liver Support
Your liver is an incredibly important organ and the heaviest in our bodies. Show it some love with our liver health tonic that is 100% pregnancy safe.
What does the liver do and why is it so important to ensure its health?
It carries out hundreds of metabolic functions! Some of those functions are..
- Regulating blood sugar by converting excess glucose into glycogen for storage, which can later be converted back to glucose for energy
- Producing bile to help digest fats.
- Producing albumin, the blood protein that helps carry hormones, drugs and fatty acids throughout your body.
- Regulating amino acids (the building blocks of proteins)
- Storing vitamins A, D, E, K, and B12
- Destroys disease-causing agents that might enter the liver through the GI tract and removes toxins from the body
- Processes hemoglobin to use its iron content
- Produces protein important in blood clotting
- Metabolizes many drugs
How does liver function become impaired?
Made by hand in the U.S. in small batches with 100% organic ingredients. Gluten-Free, Corn-Free, Soy-Free, Nut-Free. No Artificial Colors, Flavors, Fragrances, or Preservatives.
Ingredients: 190 Proof Saccharum officinarum (Sugarcane) Alcohol, Distilled Water, Linum usitatissimum (Flax) Derived Vegetable Glycerin, Silybum marianum (Milk Thistle) Seed*, Taraxacum officinale (Dandelion) Root*, Curcuma longa Turmeric Root* and Piper nigrum (Black Peppercorn)*
*Certified Organic Ingredient
I am apparently prone to pregnancy with multiples and with that something called cholestasis of pregnancy, which is a liver condition and can cause serious complications due to the liver not functioning how it should. Emily learned about this and not only did she set out to make this amazing tincture to help support healthy liver function, she gave me pointers on other things I could do to help support my liver in the meantime until it was ready, some of those things star in this lovely product. Thanks to Emily's advice and this tincture, I was able this most recent pregnancy with my second set of twins to reverse the onset of ICP and carry them to term and deliver at home at nearly 40 wks whereas in my previous ICP pregnancy with the older twins, I had to deliver preterm via cesarean due to worsening ICP. In that pregnancy I knew nothing about supporting my liver. I cannot thank Emily enough for her knowledge and what she makes.
This review is not medical advice merely my own experience. ICP is a serious condition and you should consult with a medical professional, I did in conjunction with this, if you suspect you suffer from it.
I try to take this daily and have ordered multiple times. Love this product <3